Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mmmmmmmmmm...... Strawberries!!

Having checked the strawberries a few days ago, James and I decided that the first round would be ready to pick today. We debated what we would make with our harvest.

Should we slice them and put sugar on them?

Should we make strawberry shortcake?

What about smoothies? A smoothie sounds good!

We still hadn't decided by the time to pick the berries, so we thought we'd see how many we got and go from there.


Look at all these, Mom!!

Photobucket


This big one looks REALLY good!!

Photobucket


I picked this one for you!

Photobucket


NINE whole strawberries!! Don't these look luscious?? Are you drooling yet?

Photobucket


What should we do with them?? I know!! Let's just EAT them!!

Photobucket


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... Strawberries!!

Photobucket



We stood in the kitchen and ate the strawberries right out of the bowl (after rinsing them of course! lol) I can't tell you how good and sweet our organically homegrown, pesticide free, chucked the dried out horse manure in the bottom of the hole before we planted them in our home made planter, sun-ripened strawberries tasted.... sooooooooooooooo MUCH better than store-bought ones!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Yummmm! Those strawberries sure look good! I can't wait until my garden is bearing fruits and veggies! I think I may even have some to share with you and James if everything grows well.