Saturday, March 5, 2011

OMG OMG OMG!!!

As you know (if you've been reading, lol) that I finished my first Wilton course on Wednesday. After class, I was talking with my instructor and she asked me if I had ever thought about doing a cake competition. I told her that I *had* thought about it, but that I didn't have any idea where to find one locally. She said that she got an email the other day about one in the area and that I should check it out. She told me that Duff Goldman from Ace of Cakes was going to judge it.


(*squeal* I wanna work there for a week.... just to absorb the knowledge!)

I googled and found the website, but the web page said that entries had closed at 5 pm that day. I was all bummed out, and I read the rules in a "woulda, coulda, shoulda" mood and I discovered in the fine print that the entries were to be closed on March 4 at 5pm. After a few emails back and forth, the powers that be decided that due to a technicality (the web guy didn't change the rules when they changed the date every where else on the website) that they would send me an application. I filled it out and sent it in with pictures of my airplane, firetruck, blue flower, and hand of cards cake.

I've been on pins and needles for a day in a half, part of me desperately hoping they pick me and the other half dreading it.




I got an acceptance email at 4pm today!!!!



OMG OMG OMG!!!


I have to go up against 55 other cakes, most of whom have been planning/preparing their cakes for weeks..... at a venue that is 3 hours away..... in the middle of spring break.


*breathe* *breathe* *breathe* *breathe* *breathe* *breathe*



This is the competition http://cakechallenge.missouri.edu/ The theme is “A Mizzou Spring.” I have been madly googling, because not only do I have JUST 10 days to pull this cake out of thin air, I have NEVER BEEN TO MIZZOU!!! lol

Oh well! I have tons of ideas and I'm hoping to "make it Bigger, make it Badder, make it AWESOME!!!" enough.


ACK!!!





Anyone want to come clean my house??

No comments: